Most of us are aware about breast cancer. Besides, breast cancer surgery generally involves removing the entire breast. No woman wants to experience this. In fact, it can be emotionally draining for a woman. With the improvements made in technology nothing is really impossible these present days. The right way to deal with this situation is choosing breast reconstruction.
This surgery is actually used to reshape your breasts and get back them to their normal form post the cancer treatment. This surgery really helps women to boost their self-confidence. If you are planning to undergo this surgery then it is always better to know about it beforehand. Discuss with your doctor about the possible risks and everything before going ahead with the treatment to avoid confusion later.
Tips to find a good surgeon in Houston
You can easily find a good surgeon for Reconstructive surgery Houston by following the below mentioned tips. In fact, following these tips will help you save your time and money as well.
- Do proper research before choosing a surgeon. Check different sites available online to know which surgeon is famous for breast reconstruction. Check which surgeon has more positive patient reviews online and then decide.
- You should choose a certified surgeon to avoid any problems in future. Take your friends suggestions as well before making any decision.
- Always choose an experienced surgeon for the breast treatment.
- Compare the surgery cost of different surgeons and choose one from them whom you feel the best.
Be it any kind of surgery, risks will always be there. Here are some possible risks associated with breast reconstruction surgery that you should know.
- Blood Clots
- Extreme Tiredness
- Swelling in the breast area
- Pain in the breast area
Tips to follow post surgery
It may take almost 5 to 8 weeks to recover completely after your surgery. Here are some tips that you could follow to recover quickly.
- Avoid wearing tight bras post your surgery. Check with your surgeon which type of bras you should use. It is always better to avoid wearing bras for about a month after the surgery.
- Drink a lot of water post your surgery to avoid dehydration problem. This will also help your wounds to heal quickly. Drink at least 2 to 3 litres of water daily to recover soon.
- Check with your surgeon from when you can start doing your normal activities like exercising, cooking and etc. However, you should avoid lifting heavy weights after surgery to avoid unnecessary problems.
- Eat a lot of fresh fruits to recover soon. Avoid eating junk foods and spicy foods if you want to recover soon.
- Contact your surgeon immediately if you observe any swelling or skin changes or fluid leak from your breast. Doing this will help you to take necessary measures to prevent things from going wrong.
Stay healthy and happy by choosing the right treatment for your problem. It is important to have a positive attitude to walk through this tough journey.